Proverbs 8: 12-16 “I wisdom, live together with good judgment. I know where to discover knowledge and discernment. All who fear the lord will hate evil. This is why I hate pride, arrogance, corruption, and perverted speech. Good advice and success belong to me. Insight and strength are mine. Because of me Kings reign, and rulers make just laws. Rulers will lead with my help, and nobles make righteous judgments.”
We present ourselves in humility before you Lord as we gather to pray from ‘sea to sea’ for our nation. We thank you for these verses which serve as a guide as we seek to align ourselves in prayer for your purposes for Canada.
Voting is a responsibility and a privilege. Wise and informed choices ultimately lead to better representation, better government and more effective leaders.
1. In the midst of the media sensationalism, pray that Canadians will use wise discernment when they vote for those who are to govern Canada.
2. Let’s pray that the Church will mobilize on Election Day. Pray that our spiritual leaders would encourage people to vote. May the Church representation grow and strengthen the strong voices representing your justice and righteousness.
3. Pray for an outpouring of fresh strength for the candidates, the staff, and volunteers during the last few days of the campaign. May the campaign finish with words of respectand honour instead of slander.
4. Pray for the many citizens who are working at the hundreds of polling stations. Many Christians participate and want to be a presence for the Lord while they work.
5. Continue to pray for experienced and righteous candidates to be elected, regardless of the Political Party they represent. As we shift to a new government, let us pray that there would be honour and respect for one another as the new member’s transition into their positions of authority in the House of Commons.
Prepare us Lord to commit to pray for the 41st Parliament of Canada
For information on ways to participate on the day of prayer, April 30, visit www.seatoseaprayer.ca