Seeing what was to come, he spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that he was not abandoned to the realm of the dead, nor did his body see decay. 32 God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of it. 33 Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.” Acts 2:31-33
Thank you Father that in Canada we the freedom to meet on Parliament Hill this Resurrection Sunday to praise the name of Jesus our Saviour! May Canadians be reminded of our Judeo Christian roots this weekend or perhaps hear for the first time, the message that He has risen to conquer death and offers them the gift of new life in Christ!
1) Entering the last week of the election campaign we know we stand on a firm foundation to pray and we ask you Lord to stir Canadians to vote knowledgeably.
2) Pray that we would be prepared in advance for anything that could try to distract or interfere with God’s purposes for Canada due to slanderous statements. Ask for the gift of faith and wisdom to rise up and overtake apathy and fear! Psalm35 v 5 -send your wind Lord to blow away the chaff’,
3) Weariness and pressure can cause costly slips with off handed comments that can damage credibility. Continue to pray for the physical, emotional and spiritual health of the staff and candidates during the closing days of the campaign.
4) We not only need economical stability, we require moral stability with principled leaders to help guide us in the days ahead. Lord we ask you for the courage to ask you for what is good for our nation.
5) Lord we ask you for a government that will continue to honour our established international relationships and agreements that you can bless; may we bring healing to the Nations.
Check out seatoseaprayer.ca to see prayer initiatives for April 30th’s Day of Prayer near you. Here in Ottawa NHOP will be hosting prayer at Green Bank Community Church at 7pm.