Please join us in prayer as we lift up our nation during this election time. Here is this weeks prayer points as discerned by many different pray leaders in the nation that have come together in a spirit of unity to hear from God and mobilize God’s poeple to pray.
Election Prayer Points 2011
“let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith’, Heb. 12:1-3
Thanks to all of you who are joining us to pray for this election! Thank-you also, for those who prayerfully contributed to this week’s prayer-directives.
Please mark your calendars for Saturday, April 30th we are discerning to be a Day of Prayer as a last ‘push’ in prayer for this election. We are calling this initiative, ‘From Sea to Sea Election Prayer’ and we are hopeful that many communities will come together to answer a call to prayer for our nation.
· Media – Let’s pray that the national media will report from an unbiased and non-partisan way and that any personal opinions of those reporting would be down-played.
· Television Debates – That the coming public debates this Tuesday (English) and Thursday (French) will be presented in a fair and orderly way and not be used for personal attacks.
· Repentance – The most significant changes in the moral climate of a nation come from repentance. Where Christians, for example, have walked in compromise with the world’s values or have been too dependent on our Government to raise the moral standard in Canada.
· Strong and Stable Government – Because of the uncertainties of the days we are living in, pray for a strong and stable government to bring effective leadership to navigate a secure course for the future.
· Quebec – There has been a strong reaction against anything ‘Christian’ circulating in this province especially among the younger generation. “Lord, strengthen our brothers and sisters in the Church of Quebec!” Also, pray that the various national parties will help to encourage Quebecers to see things from a nation-wide perspective.
· Perseverance – We want to encourage everyone to persevere and not give up or lose a resolve to petition heaven for God’s will to be done through this election.